Friday, June 13, 2008

The Vitals

So maybe we'll start with the vitals. The Bahmer boys were born on Friday, June 6, 2008, at about 3:20 p.m. It all happened very quickly. One minute the doctor invited me into the operating room, and a few minutes later, my boys were born.

They were scheduled to have arrived today, which would have been one day beyond 35 weeks into the pregnancy. But a combination of factors conspired to move their birthday up by an entire week. Despite showing up earlier than expected, they are all healthy and growing.

Here they are:
  • Benjamin Bruce, 4 pounds
  • Jack Robert, 3 pounds, 8 ounces
  • Luke Daniel, 4 pounds, 9 ounces
Ben's middle name comes from his maternal grandfather. Jack's middle name comes from my father. And Luke's middle name is my middle name. I joke with my wife that the first names were chosen simply based on how they sound when announced through the loudspeakers at a baseball game...

And lest we forget, their sisters are eager to meet them. The girls and I have kept on keeping on at home while mom and the boys remain in Denver for, most likely, several more days at least. We're headed to Denver on Sunday, though, to celebrate Father's Day and our 12th wedding anniversary.

And to spend our first day together as a family of eight.

No comments: